Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Claus has ARRIVED!

 The day before Christmas and look who arrived!!! He had been hiding out down the street! Now can you believe a neighbor, one I had not talked to, had him? Delivered to the wrong house, after the UPS driver, who I even know, assured me he remembered leaving him at my door! Now can you believe the neighbor had this large box and did not even call to let me know it was there? My hubs ran into her hubs at the end of the street, rolled down his window to wish him a Merry Christmas and the neighbor said, we have a package for you. His wife told him she tried to call, ( I checked my caller ID, she fibbed). Now my sweetie said to the neighbor, Donna called the police and filed a report and UPS and the store. It had been at their house since Wednesday. See I am not losing my mind, I saw the truck go by my house and not stop. This stay at home Mom, does nothing, not a lick in her yard and the house could use some paint, but not her. My goodness I wonder what she does do. My husband was so happy to come in and surprise me with the box. He said wow their house felt kinda sad, no Christmas caroles playing, no baking in the oven, not wreath on the door, like our home when he entered with a big smile and my package. The neighbor has a good job so it is not because they can't. I guess everyone does not celebrate the season like so many of us in blog land! :)
I would have had a great Christmas any way, but this makes it way better. My baking is done, deliveries are made, now to relax this evening with friends and enjoy our family on Christmas Day. So my fondest wish for you all is for you to have a............



Merry Christmas!!

23 comments:

Sherre said...

I read your recent post about this missing delivery and am so happy to see you have had a Christmas surprise today! Yes, you would have had a wonderful Christmas without it, but isn't it extra special to have this gorgeous Santa on display--AND to know it wasn't stolen from your porch?! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Janet - underthewillow said...

he's awesome Donna!...I'm so glad that he wasn't stolen after all!...Merry Christmas!

Janet

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, I'm so glad that was the case and not that it was stolen from your front porch! I had that same situation happen a couple of years ago, although it wasn't Christmas time. It took about 3 days for the neighbor {who I didn't know well} to bring it the two houses over. Merry Christmas!

bettyj said...

So happy Santa came home. Merry Christmas

My Colonial Home said...

OH YEAHHHHHH...I knew good ole Santa would not disappoint you this year. He just wanted to see if you still had faith in him.
What a 'silly' neighbor - we had a neighbor that did that to us right next door many, many years ago with a BED THAT WAS DELIVERED...I even called the company and they said it was delivered and signed for...here it was at our neighbors for over a week and they didn't even tell us. We mentioned one day to them what happened and they said oh yes we have it, it's in our garage. GO FIGURE SOME PEOPLE!

Blessings and Merry Christmas
Karen

BumbleBeeLane said...

Donna~ Bet you were so excited to see him! I think she could have taken 5 minutes to bring it over though.I often think that the people in blogland must be a special bunch as no one I know on a daily basis cares as much about details or just simple acts of kindness.He is wonderful so glad he made it home! Merry Christmas!~Amy

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Donna, I love your Santa. Can you send him my way, LOL.
Your Christmas tree is BEAUTIFUL with all the presents under the Christmas tree!
PERFECT!

Merry Christmas to you Donna and your family from my family!
Christmas Blessings and Big Hugs,
Tricia XO

denise said...

so glad you got your santa. he's adorable!!!! Denise

Earlene said...

He is a wonderful Santa!

Merry Christmas

Earlene

Anonymous said...

Wow...glad that you finally got him...he looks like an Arnett's Santa...Thanks goodness she didn't keep him. Hope the box was not opened. Merry Christmas.
patti

Deb said...

He's so wonderful. Father Christmas for sure. Lovely tree and home. Have a blessed Christmas. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Carolyn said...

YAY! I'm so glad your Santa finally made it to you. What a happy day! Merry Christmas!

Angela said...

Donna, I am sure Santa is as proud to be in your home where there is Christmas Spirit as you are to have him there. He is wonderful. So glad it worked out and he is now where he belongs. Merry Christmas
Angela

CAROLEZ said...

TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY -- SANTA HAS ARRIVED!

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Merry Christmas!

Carmen and the Primcats

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable..It takes all kinds..So glad Santa made it to your home..One way or another..
MeRrY ChRiStMaS

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Yipeeee!!! So glad he made it home~ he is adorable!!!
smiles
Teresa

bayrayschild said...

So glad your story had a happy ending!

Audrey

1890* said...

It is so nice to hear that the Santa has arrived safe & sound. He is a gorgeous addition to your Christmas display. I was once in a similar situation with a neighbor... i felt horrible after having made such a fuss when my item was returned...I learned that she had been dealing with cancer for a year and the family was dealing with the *Merry* the best way that they could just to get through

Happy New Year To You & Yours

Janice Boucher said...

I am so happy that Santa FINALLY reached his correct destination!
Happy Holidays to you and your family,Donna!

Janice Boucher said...

I am so happy that Santa FINALLY reached his correct destination!
Happy Holidays to you and your family,Donna!

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

OH MY GOODNESS DONNA!!!!! I'm so glad you got your Arnett Santa.....since I read your post this has bothered me so bad and I felt so bad for you. I got my first Arnett this year and I LOVE him, stop by my blog and take a look. I absolutely LOVE yours too. I'm so glad he made your Christmas a little bit brighter!!!

Blessings,
Dana

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Oh Donna: Where did you ever find that Santa??? We all want one, even after Christmas. And I am not so sure about that neighbor of yours..I have a couple like that, too. Maybe that is where BAH HUMBUG comes from.
{{HUGS}}
Joy
Happy New Year to my friend!