Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Paint Colors

The question I get asked the most is what are my paint colors so I thought I would do a post on my paint colors so here goes:

My Home outside color is Benjamin Moore Briarwood
The doors are Devine Wine by Behr


Next up is my kitchen, my cabinets were made by Plain and Fancy because they would match any Benjamin Moore color, and we loved the product they made. The Color is Bennington Gray HC-82 as is all the trim. The bead board back splash is Rattan AF-375 also Benjamin Moore. The pantry is Elk Horn AF-105.







Then comes the dining room, open to the kitchen so I used the same colors in a different way, the trim is still Bennington Gray, but I used Elk Horn from the pantry on the walls. This is my favorite room....


Then we go into the living room. This is on the south side and is always a sunny room. The colors are both from Benjamin Moore, the walls are Sag Harbor gray HC-95 and the trim is Carrington beige HC-93.

The front foyer is next and I am just redoing it to match the upstairs hall. We just got all the wallpaper off and I am waiting for my contractor to put some crown moulding up.
The walls Crown Point Sand HC-89 and the trim is Northampton Putty HC-90

My bedroom which I don't show too much, maybe because it is blahhhh...
it is a Martha Stewart color Clay. My Benjamin Moore dealer color matched it for me. I just love Benjamin Moore paint that much.


I hope this helps answer some questions...I have noticed how similar all my colors are too....wonder what that means?

 



11 comments:

LDR said...

My hubs just asked me if we were going to do our entire house in a different shade of beige. Some muted green, some muted grey and others just beige....but I have a theme going now too.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Donna~ You have a way of finding the perfect colors~ so pretty~ hmmm of course you have me thinking now~
smiles
Teresa

Deb said...

Your home is beautiful and I love the dining-room the most, too. By the way, you keep the neatest pantry ever. Hugs, Deb

Janice Boucher said...

Donna, Your colors are very calm and soothing. Beautiful home!

My Little Home and Garden said...

You certainly have a welcoming home, Donna. Each room is so lovely and beautifully decorated.
-Karen

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Donna, Your choices of colors are wonderful. I, too, love all the BM Historic Colors and try to use them exclusively. And their paint covers amazingly! Good job, beautiful home!
{{HUGS}}
Joy
theoldefarmhouse.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Beautiful home Donna!

hartntex said...

I'm on the fence about using rattan AF375 or Citrine AF-370 in my kitchen. It's south facing and adjoins our family room which is a Tuscan red. Do you see olive tones in rattan? Thanks for your help.

The Country Nest said...

Hi,
To answer you question the Rattan is a very mellow gold...the picture with the glass door cabinet shows the color as is the best. It would look great with the red. I use red as my pop of color in the kitchen. I love this color. When I first started to paint it looked like bright gold, YUK. Then it dried and looks great.
Good luck.
Donna

faithbofella said...

Hi Donna, I’ve been a professional painter for 45 years now. I’ve always felt the exterior of the house should blend in with nature. Had to convince people who want to paint bright colors. As for interiors, BM Historical colors are all I use for myself. I have the original charts from Colonial Williamsburg, at that time, they used Martin Senior paints, which is no more, but I use their colors converted to BM. A dear friend told me years ago, a room should look like that’s where you want to go on a rainy day to read a book, and that’s always stayed with me. You’ve achieved that!
Joe Cacciatore

The Country Nest said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love natural colors. I like comfort in my rooms. Your comment has made my day.