Monday, March 1, 2010

What did you do this weekend?

I had a quiet weekend with lots of catching up at home. Some cleaning, the pantry, the stove and the whole kitchen. I love having time to cook on Sunday morning. Williams and Sonoma is where I found the pan and the recipe just click here for recipe. The spiced apple filled pancakes have lots of steps, but are easy if you have the time and oh so yummy. There are many more versions I want to try, pumpkin filled, chocolate filled? Who knew? First you grate the apples and add the spices and cook for about 20 minutes while you make the batter. The smell is so good, just like apple pie!



You put a spoonful of batter in the circle which has been brushed with melted butter, then a spoon of filling and top with another spoonful of batter. You turn the little dumplings with wooden skewers.



When finished you sprinkle them with confectionery sugar and cinnamon.


Won't you join us for some little apple filled pancakes? Coffee or tea?



Now in the afternoon I was still obsessing over the Nest pillow from Pottery Barn, I got some osanburg fabric and washed it. I got a zipper, I don't sew much so I was a little scared, but I need to get out of my comfort zone sometimes. I had a 12 x 24 down insert.
Next I had played around with letters in Print Shop. I went and got the paper for iron on transfers. I printed it off. I have never used this before and the sales girls in Joanne's Fabric were no help at all. It is the only fabric store in our area, understaffed on a Sunday, remind me to never go there on the weekend. 20 minutes in line to get the fabric cut! I really like this pillow.
I was not going to post the picture, because the outline of the iron on shows in the picture, I have taken several and it shows in all the pictures, but here is the kicker, it does not show in real life and I love the pillow! Close enough for me...Now I am going to do one that says ~ Home~
I did ok with the zipper...I just followed the directions, even thought they looked like Greek to me. My Mom always did these things for me. Boy, she could sew! I remembered watching her do this and some of it came back to me. Thanks Mom! Wish you were here to help.




Have a good week!


11 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh those little pancakes look delightful!! I love a leisurely Sunday morning as well.

Your pillow came out great!! Perfect for your Country nest!!

Anne said...

I had Williams-Sonoma's ebilskiver pan on my "wish list" for some time...then a couple of months ago it went on sale for a ridiculously cheap price. In other words, it was too good of a deal to pass up. So far I've only made Nutella-filled ebilskivers...but your apple-filled ones look like the next one I'll try! Thanks for sharing!

Sea Witch said...

Hello Donna: Thanks for stopping by and am glad you borrowed the one star flag. There was a time when I had 3 stars hanging as I had two sons - in - law also downrange at the same time. Right now, only my son is in Afganistan and I can't wait for him to be home safe as well. Thank you for keeping him in your prayers. So glad I could visit your site, gonna make those delectable apple pankcakes this weekend. Sea Witch

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Your pillow turned out great. I am going to have to try that.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

The pillow looks fabulous!! I can't sew a stitch, but I try!!! It is a struggle though, I mean Seriously....I can make one hot mess!!

Lou Cinda :)

Anonymous said...

Donna, I just wanted to let you know that I very much appreciated your comments on my blog post yesterday. It ended up being a very active topic, and your insights were very helpful.

I absolutely love your pillow and those desserts look amazing!

Carmen S. said...

Hi there! Those pancakes look WONDERFUL!!! I was scrolling through your posts and saw the one on your son, my son just joined the Army and will leave for basic in June after he graduates, so many mixed emotions as he is my only child! I will keep your son in my prayers and thank him for his sacrifice for our country:)

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Hello Donna,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your desserts look scrumptious. I have both the Cricut Expression and Cricut Personal Cutter. They are both wonderful. If you do large projects go for the Cricut Expression. I got the Cricut Personal Cutter as my first machine. Its great for smaller projects. The Expression handles larger projects and smaller ones.
I hope this helps. If you need any other assitance, I would be glad to help or you can check out "My Pink Stamper" (www.mypinkstamper.com). She has a blogspot address. I will have to send that to you separately.
Check out the Cricut forums and galleries too.
Have a great weekend!
Alisha

KimMalk said...

Your apple pancakes look amazing and I love, love, love that pillow!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your apple pancakes look absolutely scrumptious. This is my first visit to your blog and I love what I found. I'll be back often.

Sue said...

What a great pillow...and your right the people at JoAnn's are of no help at all...I always do better just asking questions to other shoppers...isn't that sad. I have used the iron on fabric and they actually sell both the iron on and another that you can use in your printer also but it then has to be sewn on....I prefer that one because the fabric looks more like fabric then the iron on version....it has a softer look....You did great with the lettering..I am not good with that at all....