Sunday, November 27, 2011

Busy, busy.....




Lots of yard cleanup was done here this weekend, pumpkins added to the compost bins, and fake pumpkins and gourds were stored. I know I have way too many decorations and need to release some to a better home. I have been dragging out Christmas and know I need to purge here too.
I have a twig tree that goes in the dining room and I used to have lights that were green and red. I found them years ago in a shop that is no longer in business. The green and red looked so nice in my white light world. It was just the right touch. I have looked everywhere and even online...to no avail. Well, today I was in the attic and I found a basket of things I brought home from my Mom's home eight yrs ago. I had bought her the same tree and lights and she had switched to the white. The tree was sent off to her sister after Mom left us. I had not given it much thought.....until I found one single set of red and green lights,  just what I need<3  Thank you Mom! I do know you are my angel and always with me. I think I will pack up some of her things and send them to my son, her first grandchild.

So my little twig tree is not quite done, but I will post it later this week.
 While turkey soup simmers on the stove and the fresh bread cools I will continue to decorate. Hubby is watching the Patriots and by the sound of it, life is good.


8 comments:

Earlene said...

I bet finding those lights was such a nice surprise for you.
Ypur post display is very nice.
Have a great evening!
Earlene

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Donna, You Christmas display is just so warm and invitng!
I love it. TFS!

Christmas Blessings,
Tricia

I can't wait to see more!

Raymond Homestead said...

Love the photo!The Santa is neat! Glad you found those lights!

Anonymous said...

I love the Santa and what a find in the attic..Looking forward to pictures of your tree..

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Lots of my old Christmas things are packed up and in the garage ready to be donated to someone in need who can sell. Makes it easier to part with them!!

Love your Santa and look forward to the rest of your decrating!! HUGS!!

~Sara said...

It is always so nice to stumble upon an old remembrance of a past loved one. It will make the tree a little more special to you. And Christmas is all about family and love. Happy decorating and remembering. Blessings ~Sara

Janice Boucher said...

I love your little Santa! What a great surprise finding those lights! I look forward to seeing the rest of your decorations.
Janice

Anonymous said...

Love your Santa display and I love reading how you came across the lights...I hope they create a warm glow in your heart each and every time you lite them this season!
Love You! Margie