Wednesday, October 23, 2013

~Pumpkins~

When you come to the walkway to my home this is my little nod to fall. The nights are just getting nippy and I hope to see more color this week. My windows are in on the porch and I love how October feels, smells and looks.
 

Now my old faux pumpkin was looking a bit worse for the wear. I wasn't going to take her out this year, but when I stood at the kitchen window the old stonewall looked so naked. I didn't want to buy another pumpkin at this late date and I liked where all the others were, sooooo out she came and the light bulb went off. The sun had faded her. A bit like what the sun does to my hair. Why not color her. People paint pumpkins all over blog land.


 
 
Good for another year!

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Looks great now - what a great idea to revive it with a bit of paint!

Primitive Stars said...

Love the pumpkin post, so beautiful, Blessings Francine.

Robyn ♥ said...

PERFECTION!!! That is a beautiful pumpkin!!
Happy October!!

Penny said...

Great job.... I have a few of those old faded pumpkins that could use a dye-job, too!! They will have to wait until next year, but they will definitely be getting one.
Everything looks just wonderful!