Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring in the Potting Shed


My little Potting Shed is where I make my messes....plant my plants, keep my pots, soil and fertilizers. It gets all the yard things stuffed into it in the winter and then came Spring...the big clean out. I only have about half of the 10x16 space. When we first ordered it the shed was to be all mine. Then hubby bought a Austin Healy and the tractor and mower got moved into my shed. So I have less space. I wanted to make the best of it. It is a working shed and gets messy at times as you will see in the before. I have prettied it up a bit. I saw another blog that had a similar window treatment and the light went off in my head.











Here is the before~ I needed to hide some of the unsightly's, but needed easy access. So in the cupboard they go. Some of the stuff is going away as I try to become more organic, but it is a bit like going on a diet...I can't quit cold turkey. I got some seeds started this weekend. This is the first few nice days here. The last of the snow left my yard last Thursday. It has been colder than usual. 



...........and the after. Now maybe I have some ideas for the pool house which is a similar shed.  Hmmm.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Your shed is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Oh how cute! I could spend the day too... xxx... Brooke from www.creativecountrymom.com

Unknown said...

Oh I just love your potting shed. It's just so cute. Thanks for linking up at the Tuesday Garden Party

Ginny said...

The Potting Shed is adorabe, what a place to spend your time.

Unknown said...

Okay, I have serious potting shed envy! Yours is heavenly! I love all the special garden touches you've added and that big cabinet looks ideal for hiding " unsightlies". Great word!

Deb said...

How beautiful. If I had this shed everyone would know where to find me.