Friday, November 6, 2015

Hello November!


I do believe our October was colder than November has been so far. The sunny clear days that are hitting 70 degrees when normal is 50. It has been a delight! Love the extra time to clean up the gardens and the tons of leaves! The Morning Glories are all gone.


 The girls have a nice new roost. It took a couple of days, but the four older hens roost each night and the younger one are on the lower roost they had before. I was so happy to get the dog cage out of there. Hubby sanded everything nice and smooth and his idea for the wings so no draft from the vents would hit the girls. He filled the bin with sand. Boy is that easy to clean.
 The girls are enjoying their pumpkin treat. They gobbled it up right down to the skin.
 Just a peek. The yard glows red this time of year. It is so pretty and the air is perfect. As you can see the pool is all closed up for winter.
 This is a view of the garden I take pictures of all the time...all tucked in for winter too.

Just in case you forgot this is how it looked this summer....

So I have been working away, all Cannas plants removed and stored away, all Dahlias dug, cleaned and stored. Today I got all my Zinnia and Marigold seeds cleaned and put into labeled jars, ready for next Spring. I have been going out each day to cut back and clean up another bed. The yard was looking pretty darn good, but today it has started to rain leaves....all day long too. You can't find our driveway or lawn.

~ahhh Hello November~





5 comments:

Connie said...

Such enjoyable photos. I don't have chickens but so many do have them these days and the fresh eggs would be very nice to have. The weather has been warm here but is beginning to cool off now. The trees are mostly bare and yesterday the falling leaves seemed to be raining leaves. I like fall but am not ready for the frigid winter that follows.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You have been one busy productive girl! I have gardening plans for weekend if the weather cooperates. If not they will be postponed for a better day and will do inside chores

Deb said...

I just love your coop, Donna. Such lucky little hens. We have the same weather here in Ontario, Canada. It was absolutely balmy today. :) Deb

bayrayschild said...

That chicken coop is wonderful and I remember that beautiful garden. Wishing you a Happy Autumn!

Audrey

just call me jo said...

Your coop looks so clean and tidy. I love chickens. My daughter has some but they are not as healthy and happy as yours. Looks like you have a productive and serene life. I will visit again.