Saturday, November 12, 2016

Hello is anybody there?

I know I have been away from blogging all summer. I have just hit a wall and I seriously have thought I would just let it go. I have had a couple of sweet emails wondering where I am and what is going on. Am I OK?  So yes I am OK and I will try a little catch up.

In May I planted 80 Dahlia tubers. They came up beautifully and gave me much pleasure this summer.

Also in May my son got married and we got our first daughter in law along with her two sweet children.
My grand daughter had her senior prom that weekend too.






Then came my Dahlias which I planted just before I had my knee replaced. That is a long story of surgery and recovery. We can skip right over it. My gardens suffered a bit while I recuperated, The Dahlias I got from Eden Brothers were the best. I cut flowers every day and loved having them in my home. Such a pretty bright spot they were. I ordered and bought from other sources, but these did the best for me.





Then one of our granddaughter's volley ball team is going to the playoffs and she was named All-Star for her school! It is her senior year this year.

I also got a little time with my friend and the kayak.
That is a brief recap of my summer. My Aunt from Ohio came to visit and my Sister and Niece came from Texas. It has been a great summer even though it flew by.

Last month I was installed as President of my local garden club and I am looking forward to more time with all my friends in gardening.

I have another little bit of news too. I decided to retire to enjoy some of the many blessings I have. My hubby is retiring at the end of January. We hope to have some day trips and leisure time in the garden. We have both had fast paced, stressful jobs, so we hope to get to enjoy life a bit. Funny thing is now that I thought I would have more time it seems like days just fly by, but I am adjusting quite well and enjoying every minute of it.

So if you are still out there and haven't given up on me, let me know.

Hugs,


3 comments:

suz said...

i'm still here. just had our first real frost last night, so i'm ready to snuggle in and read and bake and make soup or whatever over the winter. starting with defrosting the basement freezer this weekend, lol. congratulations on the lovely dahlias, all the family doings and your upcoming retirement. i retired a year ago last week, and so enjoyed the long, hotter-than-usual summer we had, especially because i had worked nights for over 30 years. now i really get to enjoy the days. and so far, i've forgotten what day of the week it is only once. --suz in ohio

Unknown said...

Hi Donna,
that was a great catching up post! Ah, the joys of retirement! you will be busy in a different way, but good.
How are your chickens? They were the only things you did not mention. Ours have finally decided to stop laying, so they have become our freeloading pets! They are 5 this December.
All the best, Mary

The Country Nest said...

To Suz, We had our frost a couple weeks back so I have dug all my Dahlias, Cannas and Gladiolas and packed them away. Just like you we have had soup and I have snuggled in with my kindle and am planning next summers garden! Thanks for hanging in there.

To Mary, I love this kind of busy! I wasn't back on my feet until August so it still feels new to me. My girls are doing good. We had a heavy molt for the first time and they are only giving me a couple eggs a day right now. My sweet hubby has spent the last two weekends making the run bigger, Live and Learn!! Funny how much we love them so they can freeload. Will you get any new chicks in the spring? Thanks for hanging in there for me.