Thursday, December 18, 2014

A little Christmas


Welcome to The Country Nest at Christmas! We have been so lucky no snow yet, lots of rain which the gardens and shrubs need to survive the long New England weather.
I didn't put out at least half of my decorations this year. I wanted to simplify this year. Some greens and my favorite things. My Arnett's Santas make me smile whenever I look at them. I have collected a few over the years and do have my favorites.

So come on in~my usual wreath at the back door~


 Some crocks with greens.
 This is my newest Santa. I love his face and he has a gingerbread man so he is in the kitchen.
 My Christmas cactus is in bloom, but it blooms at Easter too.
 This is a favorite. I love Santa in his union suit with his bid belly. Each face is a bit different and I love his. Don't you too?


 
 I got this one with the flag when my son was deployed. I thought it suited at the time. The little felted reindeers I have had for years.



Waiting for snow



My reindeer at the back door. Love his natural look. I am not into blowups or plastic stuff, but I did do some when the kids were young.
I hope you are all almost ready for the holiday. I finished my gift shopping yesterday. Now I need to get it wrapped and the start baking. I have a few projects I would like to do too. Then meal shopping and getting ready for the family to arrive!!
What do you have left to do?  Let me know.
Put on some Christmas music and enjoy.
 

5 comments:

Penny said...

Your Christmas decorating is just lovely! Love the Arnett's Santas.... I have a few of them, too, and they do have the best faces!
Still have wrapping and baking to do, but hoping I'll have some time next week to get that done. Where does the time go??!!
Merry Christmas!!

Earlene said...

Donna it is a treat to see all your decorating!!! Arnett Santas are the best! Your home is beautiful.
My shopping is done and have just a few things to wrap and did my grocery shopping yesterday thinking store wouldn't be too crowded but it was packed.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your Christmas touches look great, Donna! I kept things simple this year as well. I left more stuff in the bins than I took out! Love all your Santa's - they all seem to have their own personality. Except for food shopping, I am all done.

The Hoskins' Family said...

Hi Donna, beautiful decorating! simply but looks wonderful! I find I simplify more and more every year! I love the natural stuff more and more! love the winter berries you have in your crocks! Our's didn't bloom that well this year so I couldn't cut it. Hopefully next year it will because I look forward to using it. I still have all my wrapping to do..............something I put off b/c I absolutely hate wrapping presents. Lol! Make them look so pretty for a whole minute it takes to unwrap them. Wishing you & your family a wonderful Christmas & Happy New Year!

Lynnly @ the Hoskins Homestead

Prims By The Water said...

Love your new santa. janice