Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Goodbye

Well it is September...the end of summer, time to say goodbye to another season. I feel the nesting instincts moving in. Mostly I just don't know where this summer went. There were not real special plans, but there was always something to do. I will show you a couple things I did, but never took the time to post about it.  Show you a couple small changes here at The Country Nest. I did take time in my gardens and felt quite happy with them. I have got a couple ideas for changes there too.

I added a new Old table in the living room. Now I am thinking about new couches and am so ready, but these are so comfy that I will miss them. The new ones seem stiff. While I love prim style my family lives, watches TV and sometimes sleep in this room. These were Clayton Marcus sofas and the store we bought them in is long gone. I know it is time for an update, but I will miss my old friends. I have even thought of having them reupholstered. I don't know what I am going to do.









~Some of this was done~




I added a table to replace the wicker one on the porch.





I have added some crocks to my collection and I Love, Love, Love them all.





~and some more of this~
 



I added a rusty sunflower the spins in the wind. You can catch a peek of my bottle tree. I am just starting to collect bottles.







I started a bottle tree, now I need to go in search of some more bottles :) I just thought with lots of blue bottles it would add a bright spot among all the green. I can see it from the pool and from the kitchen window. I love in the morning how the sunlight hits it and the blue shines.

Another addition to our home the Hobo kitty now has a forever home here and I couldn't be happier.



I also took a nice day trip with a couple of friends to Avery Hill Farm.
My pictures were taken with my phone and I did not take any inside. I have to admit that we were chatting away and I wasn't thinking about pictures. We met Connie and she was just as nice as could be. I got a beautiful jug which I just love along with a few other  goodies. Connie brought us into her beautiful home and we were all so excited.....it is beyond words all the while feeling warm and homey. Thank you Connie for a wonderful day!













Sad to say my Hummingbirds will be leaving to fly south in a week or so. I will clean and fill my feeders at least one more time :(

 

OK, I know this is getting long so I will save the garden tour and Tasha Tudor's Birthday for next time.
Enjoy these last few weeks of Summer before we have to say Goodbye....I love Fall, but do hate to see Summer go.



9 comments:

Deb said...

Looks like you had a pretty good summer, Donna. I know what you mean about it flying by. I love your new crocks. They are all beautiful. And how nice is that that Hobo has a forever home. He is just gorgeous. Enjoy what's left of the nice weather. Soon we'll be putting out the pumpkins. Deb

bettyj said...

I understand about your sofa's. I had one reupholstered so many times the upholsterer told me we couldn't do it anymore. too many tack holes. But I loved the style and it fit.Enjoyed your pictures. Like the tabe

Earlene said...

I hate to see Summer go too Donna.
Loved you tour!!!!

Prims By The Water said...

Love your crocks. We have the same wood bun feet furniture and just bought slipcovers from Sure Fit. Cheaper than new. Janice

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I feel the same way, Donna. I like to try and hang on to summer for as long as I can. We had a wonderful one this year with the humidity not taking over like it had done the past two years.

Your couches look comfy. If they are still in good shape structurally, maybe see how much a custom slip cover might cost.

Elizabeth said...

Love the photos! It was a good summer but I am ready for fall!

Penny said...

In a word..... Beautiful!!

My Colonial Home said...

What a delightful post.
I know what you mean about the sofa. We had that problem last year - bought a leather sofa...not a good idea, had my JB sofa recovered. It's so comfy and soft and looks brand new again.
The leather sofa was 1 year old when it finally sold on Craigs list.
So I feel your pain my friend.

Your pool looks amazing - something every home should have I think...well at least my home needs one lol.

Beautiful gardens - and the Blue bottle tree is going to look just great where you placed it.

Blessings to you.
karen

Verna G said...

We have since said goodby to october and soon to November. Miss your blog!