Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You light up my life!

 Today I am joining Linda at Behind My Red Door who joined Misi over at 1890 Gable House Musing for week 8 of a display chain she has going on. The theme for week 8 is "You light up my life" The idea presented by Amy of Cottage Prims. Her thoughts for this theme "With Winter setting in and being in the dark, you light up my life" Early lighting, candles, lanterns or even new lights.
 I love all the battery operated candles. They cast a nice glow and I can go off and leave them or tuck them into places that I otherwise would not light a candle.
 Electric candles, from Restoration Hardware. I bought them at Christmas and ended up not putting them away. They cast such a pretty glow. Sometimes when it is still dark in the morning I will turn them on low(they are on a dimmer) it is just enough light and so pretty to see.
 My kitchen pendants are on dimmers too.
 We leave this on all night in the kitchen.
 Another electric candle.
 Some real candles~

 Over our table~
 Lights on our porch~








I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the lights in our home. They really do help keep the dark at bay and truly do light up our lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!

I was glad to see that you joined in too! You have some beautiful displays. I love looking at your home. Hope you continue to participate each week.

Hugs,
Lori

Audrey said...

So glad you joined in the fun. Your lights are wonderful!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Donna your pics are so pretty!! I love your new hall light and your dining room chandelier the best but they are all wonderful!! Thanks for joining in!! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna!
I just discovered your blog, and I really am enjoying it. I just signed up to follow you!
Your home looks lovely.
You lighting is great.
Dale