Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another room in my home

Come on into my Living room, it is on the south side of the house so it gets sunshine most of the day. It is one of my favorite places to be. I read in here, I light a fire and curl up in my chair. We put our Christmas tree in here and all gather here on Christmas, Easter and any other holidays....after the kitchen of course, which is where everyone seems to linger the longest.






Ok Linda, is this how I do it? The link thing?



This is the top of the entertainment center. I try to save my hydrangeas blooms as long as I can and they dry really well.



I thought this was a Christmas cactus...but it blooms at Easter too! Go figure. Are they supposed to do that?

This is looking in from the front foyer.

This is my chair, mine and the cats that is. I read in this corner because it has a window on each side. I pile up my magazines and books. I can look out over my gardens from here too.




Ok, ok, there are more then three plants in my home, it is a collection for sure.....







5 comments:

The Painted Nest said...

I love the spot where you read!!! What a lovely home~~~cozy~~~~warm. Love the plants too! Blessings, Deborah

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Love your new pictures Donna! My folks had beautiful hydrangeas on the cape.

When I have some time ( I am still trying to play catch up after being in Canada this weekend) I will email you and explain the little tool for making links. But the way you did it this time, works as well!

hugs, Linda

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh how I wish that fern were mine. I have one, but mine is so puny and sickly......I've needed to replace it for so long, but I keep waiting for a sale. Now that I see your's I'm thinking I'd better get with it! :-) What's your secret??

Blessings,
Spencer

adsgram said...

YOur cactus is beautiful. The one with the pointy leaves is usually called an Easter Cactus while the one with the more rounded leaves blooms in the Winter. At least that is how mine bloom and what I was always told. Your home is lovely, and I am enjoying your blog. I live in NH, and am waiting on Spring, too!


Lynne...

dlynne172@yahoo.com

jenifer said...

Love to see your room and it's decoration!! You have fantastic home decoration stuff!!