Monday, March 23, 2009

Have you seen this??

I went to the mailbox, it is COLD, but sunny and bright here today. Well this just made my day. I made myself a cup of chocolate mocha and curled up to explore the pages of La Vie Claire. The pages transport you like you have taken a trip to the Cape for the day. Claire Murray has a nice shop right on 6A with hooked rugs to die for. The magazine is an inspiration to me, there is a great article about Barbara Damrosch and pictures of her wonderful gardens. Then a woman named Genevieve who crafts sea inspired jewelry, that is just beautiful.




New painted furniture to compliment the rugs and more!



Great new chairs are being offered in beautiful cottage colors.

One of the quotes is on a green page with PASSION at the top and then below it:
"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live"
Flora Whittlemore
How beautiful and true is that?

Claire Murray's hooked rugs are featured.






The Pictures are beautiful, the quality of the paper, some are so pretty you could frame them. There are quotes and Art inspiration, food and gardening. Doesn't this picture remind you of cool crisp sheets on a hot summer night?


If you have not had the pleasure of viewing this treasure you don't know what you are missing....now excuse me while I go back and read some more of the articles and gaze at the pictures once again.
Go to http://www.clairemurray.com/ for more info and details on ordering a subscription.


4 comments:

The Painted Nest said...

Just Beautiful !!! Thanks so much for the introduction~~~ I think I'll go visit the nearest bookstore and check it out!! Blessings, Deborah

"Blossom" said...

That furniture is to die for. Just lovely, I am going to check out this book.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It's been years since I was on 6A - my parents lived on the Cape for 12 years. I don't know if I was ever in her shop. The book looks very interesting - thanks for the link!

hugs, Linda

Mary said...

I have sometimes picked it up on the newsstand. It is very beautiful! I'll have to look for this issue. :)

Thanks for your words of encouragement on my blog. Comments mean the world to me!
xoxo,
Mary