Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Look what I got!

DSC01901

Look at this cute birdhouse….doesn’t it look like a fairy house? Or a gnome home? My very creative son made me this for my Birthday. I told him I needed some new birdhouses, that mine were looking shabby…I just love the curling white birch roof and the house made from an oak log, the twig for a perch and the little sign that says Nana’s Garden. This is just so unique…

 

he also gave me this great book. Talk about a son who pays attention to what his Mom likes.DSC01903

Full of great information on birds and what they like.

DSC01904 Then I got three of these! I can’t wait to start planting around them, morning glories, scarlet runner or even sweet peas. They look so pretty just standing out in the garden, some higher visual interest for sure.

DSC01907 Then I was in Home Goods on Monday and I found these sweet babies….just looking for a home. How about some big pots of ivy? I could twine them up the trellis…or more flowers? I don’t know where they are going but I WILL find a spot. I just love them so much…DSC01718

These are just some of my seeds waiting for the ground to warm up a bit.

DSC01831My Potting shed is waiting for me to fill the window boxes and to clean her out! Spring is calling me.

3 comments:

Janene said...

I love your potting shed! It is so very quaint!
You son is a great listener...does he take after his Mom or Dad?
Enjoy all of your planting!

basketsnprims said...

Love the birdhouse your son made you. I just showed DH cuz he's making me some this year. Your trellis would be beautiful with some morning glories ~ they are such happy flowers.
Pam

basketsnprims said...

Forgot to say Happy Birthday!
Pam