Sunday, February 2, 2014

My kitchen (part 2)

This is my finished project. There is plenty of light and the addition ceiling height really opens the space up. There was a lot of bead board painted, but well worth it.

                               The view I always seem to show you all.
                               My little cook book area, right by the pantry door.
                                           Looking towards my office and back door.

 My washer and dryer are behind the bi fold doors, no changes here same as before.
Click Here for some of my favorite photos taken by Linda Rudman for A Primitive Place. The dining area has changed, but I loved her kitchen photos.
 
I hope you all enjoyed the tour of my kitchen which really isn't new anymore, but it is my favorite room in the house. It opens to my dining area which has the brick corner fireplace that has contained many, many fires. Kept us warm on blistery winter days. Kept us warm when the power was out for days last year :)  These are my happiest places in our home. We spend the most time here. Family gathers here, meals are shared, holidays and birthdays are celebrated here.  Memories are made!

Let me ask, what is your favorite space in your home and why?
 Thank you all for coming by!




5 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Love love love your kitchen, so inviting and cozy. Blessings Francine.

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Donna, Your homestead is BEAUTIFUL!!!
You can tell all the hard work and LOVE you put into it!
Blessings,
Tricia XO

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very nicely done, Donna! I love the cookbook nook area. Very clever use of a narrow space.

Tiffany said...

Wonderful pictures thanks for sharing your home with us.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love, love your kitchen! The cookbook storage is such a clever idea! We recently finished our basement area and I did it in a farmhouse style with a bead board ceiling and pillars. Gotta love beadboard! It's easy to see why you love your new kitchen!
hugs,
Jann