Wednesday, February 10, 2016

And then there was snow~

It seems that in February we are going to get all the snow we had not had yet. So when I am stuck in the house I bake, purge or clean. Today I baked. These little hand pies were a big hit in my house.
The recipe makes 8 little pies. Just a nice amount. Except they disappeared quickly.

I choose to use a blueberry filling, but you could use most anything your heart desires;
I found the recipe on the King Arthur Flour site. I love this site and have never been disappointed with anything I have made from here. This one will be into my Go To book.

One of my projects is to neaten up my recipes. I have books of clipping and printed sheets. I want to make a Go To book for all the recipes I use all the time and save the binders for when I am looking for something more or different. I will share these later on.



Oops, notice one is already gone? Well I had to taste test! Yum!
Do you have a favorite website or storage idea for recipes? I have a large red binder that is too cumbersome. Then 2 smaller binders for deserts and cookies. My recipe box that I have had for 43 yrs. I still know which cards are in there, some from my Mom, some from others no longer with us. I am too sentimental to get rid of that. So what do you do?

I am making progress on the Cricut. Their customer support has been oh so helpful. I am learning about the many layers on the program. 

No comments: