Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am getting there~

Everything is all primed and ready for the finish coat, you know the fun part!

 These little gems have been my new best friends.  Vinegar to wash the walls, a scrubbie to you know, scrub. Then the scraper to pull all the left over paste off. There was more there then one would think. My arms and hands were so tired.
 I started to paint the doors. It will take awhile and I am slowing down a bit. I love the color. It is Benjamin Moore, Northampton putty and the walls will be crown point sand. Much better than dark walnut stain!
 So I needed a little break so I went for a drive to the Gingham Goose ( check out her website) and picked up some new reading material and some new scents. There were some new goods from Family Heirloom Weavers. I had a nice visit with Barbara. The shop was busy and things were flying out the door faster than she could unpack them. Don't forget the girls from A Primitive Place will be there in March.  I needed a break from painting. My hand aches and needs a rest.

4 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Love the color on the doors! Just gorgeous! I know it is probably hard to see the end of the tunnel now, but it will be worth it!

Looks like you got some awesome goodies at Barb's shop....can't wait to see where you put it!!

Hugs my friend!

Raymond Homestead said...

Love the paint color! It's going to look really nice!

Penny said...

Love the color you chose -- it will be so pretty when you get it all done! Good luck -- I am not as fast with my projects anymore either, but it will happen -- and you will be thrilled!
Have a happy day!

bettyj said...

It is going to be beautiful. All the hard work will be worth it.
betty