Thursday, November 15, 2012

~Getting ready for Thanksgiving~

When do you start to prepare for the holidays? I usually start washing windows and deep cleaning  in the fall...I just don't know where the time went this year. Last week I took all the screens off and started washing windows. Deep vacuuming and dusting. If I get it all done for Thanksgiving I can pull out my Christmas on Black Friday. While everyone else is shopping I can crank up the Christmas Caroles, pack away Harvest and bring out Christmas. I have made my shopping list and planned the menu. There are a few things I will make ahead. Pulled out the serving pieces.

Invitations have started to arrive, it seems everyone has something planned for the first Saturday in December. I need to pick up some hostess gifts and get the work gifts, you know those early things that sneak up on you.

So I did a bit of tweaking today in my dining room , kitchen. The big table is open to our kitchen and we eat here everyday, but this is it no formal dining room.


This is where we eat most days and where we will celebrate our Thanksgiving.

 This table is what I changed out the most. I cleared everything off and brought my saltglaze on over.

 I have a wingback I sit in the read and have coffee and this is my view.


Lots more to do, many preparations for a day filled with family, food and laughter. I wanted to sneak in a post first. May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving~




 

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Your planning sounds so much like mine that I wonder how many other Ladies do the same thing. I hope I can stick to it and Thanksgiving and Christmas run smoothly.

May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
God bless,
d

Robyn ♥ said...

What a beautiful home! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Raymond Homestead said...

Your home looks warm and inviting! Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely home you have, so inviting... no, I haven't even thought of Christmas decorating yet... I'm your newest follower and rss subscriber...